This week Canon announced a number of new, exciting and innovative products. Amongst them was an impressive new Speedlight which gives up to fifty percent more continual flashes compared to its predecessor, a new macro lens for its EOS M series cameras which has a built in LED light to assist in removing shadow and darkness, and a new addition to its PowerShot series which brings 25x optical zoom to pocketable form.
The 600EX II-RT is Canon’s latest Speedlight, engineered for fast frame-rate shooting, it builds on the success of its predecessor, the 600EX-RT, and offers fifty percent more continual flashes and a 100 percent increase to battery life when used with Canon’s new CP-E4N battery pack.
- The zoom flash head covers wide focal length range of 20–200mm
- The guide number is 60m at ISO 100
- Wireless flash shooting support is available for both radio and optical transmission
- Multiple flash system support allows control of up to five groups
- Dust and water-resistant body
- The new Compact Battery Pack CP-E4N is available as an optional accessory for faster recycling time and more flashes per charge
Perhaps one of the most innovative products that Canon announced this week was the EF-M 28mm F3.5 Macro IS STM lens. This incredibly smart looking lens is designed for Canon’s EOS M series mirrorless cameras and it boasts two world’s-firsts! It’s the world’s first autofocus Macro lens to feature 1.2x magnification and a built-in LED light!
This is the first Canon macro lens specifically designed for the EOS M camera system and it offers some incredible features:
- Focus down to 15mm with 1:1 life size magnification
- Hybrid IS, the same feature as found on Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens
- Equivalent to a 45mm lens
- Tapered lens top shape to help take close range images without casting shadows
- Filters are attached via the supplied lens hood (43mm)
The new Canon Powershot SX620 HS that Canon announced this week comes in black, red or white and offers a 25x optical zoom covering an equivalent 25-625mm range. It keeps the 20.2 MP sensor, intelligent image stabilisation, 3 inch 922k dot LCD and built in Wi-Fi with NFC capabilities which made its processor, the SX610, such a popular camera.